Please find Mercer Health’s weekly Wednesday communication regarding COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic Information below. Communication will continue to be released each Wednesday with information about COVID-19 vaccination clinics for the upcoming week. On Thursday of each week beginning at 9 a.m., vaccination registration will open for clinics scheduled for the next week. Registration will close when registered recipients are equivalent to current vaccine allotments. Please Note: At this time community interest in the vaccine is far greater than the allocation being received. Adjustments have been made to more efficiently handle the large call volumes, however please be patient as long-term solutions are being investigated to ease the registration process.
Week of February 8th COVID-19 vaccination clinics:
- Individuals 65+ years of age and older are eligible. All K-12 employees will be vaccinated through the schools. Additional vaccination eligibility requirements per Ohio’s COVID-19 Vaccination Distribution Plan state, all individuals must reside in the State of Ohio and Mercer County, unless the recipient is an established patient of Mercer Health. For example, if the recipient resides in any Ohio county, such as Darke County, but are an established Mercer Health patient, the individual would be eligible. Individuals must delay receiving the vaccine if they are currently ill, have a fever above 100 degrees, are currently in quarantine, have had a vaccine in the last 14 days, or have received an anti-viral infusion treatment for COVID.
- Call 567-890-7188, starting Thursday at 9 a.m. Registration will close when registered recipients are equivalent to current vaccine allotments. Please understand that vaccine allotment is limited and the appointments will go very quickly.
- On Thursday of each week beginning at 9 a.m., vaccination registration will open for clinics scheduled for the next week. Registration will close when registered recipients are equivalent to current vaccine allotments.
- Online registration is no longer available.
- If registered and an appointment must be canceled, please call Mercer Health’s COVID-19 Hotline at 419-678-5395 for further direction.
- Please only register for a vaccine at one location/clinic. Registering for vaccines in multiple locations prohibits others from registering and creates administrative issues.
Questions – If you have questions about the vaccine, please discuss with your physician/primary care provider, including:
- Individuals that are pregnant, plan to become pregnant or are breastfeeding
- Immunocompromised individuals or on medications that affect the immune system
- Individuals who have had serious allergic reaction to any injection/shot
- Individuals being treated for any underlying health conditions
- Allow 1 hour for your appointment.
- All individuals receiving the vaccine will sign a consent form.
- Fact sheets, frequently asked questions, information about Ohio’s distribution plan and more are available from the Ohio Department of Health.
- Due to social distancing requirements and parking availability, please do not arrive any earlier than 15 minutes before your scheduled time. In addition, you may be asked to wait in your car until your scheduled time.
- Due to visitor restrictions, no guest/visitor can accompany individuals receiving the vaccine. Drivers and/or other guests/visitors must wait outside.
- Vaccination is free however administration fees may be billed to insurance.
Location, Parking, etc.
- The COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic is located at Mercer Health’s Mercer County Community Hospital in Coldwater.
- Please park in the West Parking Lot (Parking Lot #3) and enter the West Entrance (Entrance #3).
- Patients will register at West Registration and be directed towards the vaccination clinic space, which will be located directly down the hall and to the right.