Shift: 2nd Shift
Status: Full-Time; 9 days per biweekly pay period.
Weekends: Yes- Rotation
We currently have an opportunity for an energetic, infection prevention professional in our Housekeeping department. Mercer Health’s Housekeepers are the front line and last line of defense in regards to keeping our patients and staff safe. While bearing a large responsibility for infection control, this role also requires strong customer service skills and will be accountable for meeting the high expectations that our patients, visitors, and community desire. This position reports to the Support Services Manager.
• 1-2 years in housekeeping preferred, ideally in a healthcare setting.
• Responsible for cleaning and/or servicing assigned areas of the hospital or clinics in effort to assure a safe, clean, and attractive environment.
• Performs routine cleaning to include but not limited to sinks, toilets, floors, walls, windows, furniture, patient rooms, hallways, etc.
• Maintains infection control measures by following Standard/ Universal Precautions.
• Properly disposes of biohazard materials.
• Collects trash and/or recyclable materials as needed.
• Demonstrates safe and appropriate use of equipment/ supplies required to perform job duties.
• Relocates furniture for offices, patient rooms, lounges, classrooms, etc. and services other requests as appropriate.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Detail oriented.
• Written and verbal skills to complete assigned sheets and read and follow policies and procedures, MSDS information, etc.
• Individual is self-motivated with strong organizational skills, a positive attitude, and functions as a team player.
• Must demonstrate ability to work both independently and as a team player, to exercise good judgment, and to successfully manage a variety/multi tasks.
• Must have positive service oriented interpersonal skills and work well in a team environment.
• Heavy Lifting and moving is involved with this position, weight range of 70 – 100 lbs.
• Must have the ability to work in and around patient and staff areas.