Position: Casual Cardiology Technician
Shift: Day shift
Days/PP: Hours will vary depending on the need
There is a position open for a casual Cardiology Technician. The purpose of this position is to train new cardiology staff on holter scanning and other cardiology procedures as needed. The hours will vary depending on the need. This position reports to the Director of Medical Imaging and Cardiopulmonary Services.
Skill and Ability:
• Individual is self-motivated with strong organizational skills, a positive attitude and functions as a team player.
• Demonstrates effective communication skills in dealing with physicians, co-workers, patients and families.
• Demonstrates knowledge of treatment and assessment of chronic dysfunctions affecting the cardiopulmonary system.
• Ability to demonstrate competencies with applicable policies and procedures as outlined in the orientation packet.
• Demonstrates consistent utilization of techniques and practices that create a safe environment of care.
• Demonstrates consistent and continual assessment, implementation and evaluation of the patient’s plan of care throughout the program continuum.
• Promotes cardiopulmonary disease prevention, education and wellness.
• Demonstrates the knowledge and ability to work with monitoring equipment, recognize and interpret dysrhythmias and respond appropriately.
• Demonstrates strong leadership skills with the ability to implement ACLS protocols and function independently in critical and emergency situations.
• Demonstrates knowledge of current medications utilized in treatment of cardiac and pulmonary disease.
• Ability to assist with the implementation of ACLS and Rapid Response Protocols.
• Ability to assist with cardiology procedures including: TEE, cardioversion and pharmaceutical stress testing.
• Assist with committees, special projects and monitors per direction of management.
• Current CCT certification
• CPR within 90 days of hire
• Proof of continuing professional development
• Extensive diagnostic ECG and holter scanning experience.
• Prior experience scanning holter monitors with Philips Holter system.