At Mercer Health, we strive to provide you with valuable resources to make your health a priority. Many opportunities, including free and discounted wellness screenings, health education, support groups and community events are offered monthly. Please contact Community Outreach at 419-678-5216 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Our Healthy Community Series is a series of community events focusing on a variety of health and wellness topics throughout the year. 2020 events include:
- Free lipid panels and blood pressure checks
- February 27, 7:00 - 9:00 a.m.
- Mercer Health Medical Group at Ft. Recovery
Spring Healthy Community Day
- Discounted labs, free consultations, guest speakers, expert panels & more!
- April 4, 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- The Galleria, Celina
Women's Health Event
- Free Vitamin D screenings, osteoporosis screenings & clinical breast exams
- May 7, 5:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Mercer Health Medical Group at St. Henry
Mercer County Fair
- Free wellness screenings, speakers and health information daily
- August 14-20
- Mercer County Fairgrounds, Celina
Men's Health Event
- Free PSA tests
- September 17, 5:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Mercer Health Medical Group at Southland
Fall Healthy Community & Healthy Kids Day
- Discounted labs, free wellness screenings, preschool readiness/developmental screenings and fun for kids of all ages!
- October 24, 8:00 - 11:30 a.m.
- Mercer County Community Hospital
Mercer Health offers free wellness screenings the second Wednesday of the month at Council on Aging and the third Wednesday of the month at Mercer Health West Campus. Screenings vary by month but may include blood pressure, blood sugar, height/weight/BMI and osteoporosis.
Walk-in Wellness at Mercer Health West Campus (9 a.m. - 3 p.m.)
- February 19
- March 18
- April 15
- May 20
- June 17
- July 15
- September 16
- October 21
- November 18
- December 16
Walk-in Wellness at Council on Aging (10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.)
- February 12
- March 11
- April 8
- May 13
- June 10
- July 8
- September 9
- October 14
- November 11
- December 9
Mercer Health's Center for Healthy Weight & Wellness offers surgical and non-surgical weight loss programs, support groups, education series and more to help you on your wellness journey.
Free Informational Seminars (Seminars begin at 6:00 p.m.)
- February 12
- May 13
- August 12
- November 11
Surgical Weight Loss Support Group (Mondays at 5:30 p.m.)
- February 3
- March 3
- April 6
- May 4
- June 1
- July 6
- August 3
- September 7
- October 5
- November 2
- December 7
IBT Class Sessions (Registration is required. Contact the Center for Healthy Weight & Wellness for information.)
- Begins January 8
- Begins March 4
- Begins May 6
- Begins July 1
- Begins September 2
- Begins November 4
Diabetes Monthly Update (Each session begins at 3:00 p.m.)
- February 10
- March 9
- April 13
- May 11
- August 10
- September 14
- October 12
- November 9
The Mercer Healthy Moms educational series, offered by Mercer Health's Childbirth Center, covers a variety of topics covered by expert presenters. Time for questions and answers and open discussion follow each brief presentation. Registration is not required, but RSVP is encouraged. To RSVP, please email email@example.com.
- January 27 - Postpartum Depression by Kaitlyn Fennig, RN, Mercer Health Childbirth Center
- February 10 - Infant Sleep, Dr. Megan Core, Mercer Health Pediatrics
- February 24 - Pelvic Floor Dysfunction, Lisa Ahlig, PT, Community Sports & Therapy
- March 9 - Car Seat Safety, Morgan Post, CPST, Mercer Health
- March 23 - Infant Nutrition, Dr. Kristen Sherman, Mercer Health Pediatrics
- April 13 - Survival Tips for the First Month, Group Discussion
- April 27 - Breastfeeding & Older Baby Hurdles, Nicole Schumm, RN, IBCLC, Mercer Health Childbirth Center
- May 11 - Managing Stress, Roberta Donnovan, Foundations
Other educational programs are also available through the Childbirth Center, including Childbirth Education Classes, Breastfeeding Classes and Sibling Classes. Learn more about each class and register online.