The Mercer Health Medical Student Scholarship has been created to support medical students from Mercer County and the surrounding counties as well as medical students who have participated in rotations at Mercer Health by offering scholarships to those individuals. Scholarships will be awarded based upon application.
The 2020 Mercer Health Medical Student Scholarship applications are due on October 1, 2020.
- Applicant must be a United States Citizen.
- Applicant must be a resident of Mercer County or one of the adjacent counties for at least 12 months before registering as a medical student or have participated in a rotation at Mercer Health.
- Applicant must be enrolled full time in an accredited medical school.
- Applicant must be enrolled in or entering his/her first, second, third or fourth year of medical school.
- The Selection Committee will review all online applications.
- Only online applications will be accepted. Paper applications will not be considered. A transcript of their medical school courses/grades is also required.
- The Selection Committee does not discriminate on the basis of creed, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, sex, or sexual orientation in awarding scholarships.
Applicant must use the online application portal to submit the following:
- Completed scholarship application
- A letter, on school letterhead, from the applicant’s medical school verifying that he/she is enrolled full time as a medical student at that institution.
Payment of Scholarship:
- The scholarship will be for $2,000.
- Scholarships will be awarded for a one-year period.
- The payment of the designated amount will be made directly to the student.