Status: Casual- required 4 hour shift minimum
Weekends: As Needed
Holidays: As Needed
We currently have opportunities for students in our Housekeeping department to work as needed on evening shift. Shifts would be a minimum of 4 hours, with opportunity for the employee to work additional hours if they choose. This position reports to the Support Services Manager.
- Past housekeeping experience preferred, but not required.
- Responsible for cleaning and/or servicing assigned areas of the hospital or clinics in effort to assure a safe, clean, and attractive environment.
- Performs routine cleaning to include but not limited to sinks, toilets, floors, walls, windows, furniture, patient rooms, hallways, etc.
- Follows infection control measures and Standard/ Universal Precautions.
- Properly disposes of biohazard materials.
- Collects trash and/or recyclable materials as needed.
- Demonstrates safe and appropriate use of equipment/ supplies required to perform job duties.
- Relocates furniture for offices, patient rooms, lounges, classrooms, etc. and services other requests as appropriate.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Detail oriented.
- Written and verbal skills to complete assigned sheets and read and follow policies and procedures, MSDS information, etc.
- Individual is self-motivated with strong organizational skills, a positive attitude, and functions as a team player.
- Must demonstrate ability to work both independently and as a team player, to exercise good judgment, and to successfully manage a variety/multi tasks.
- Must have positive service oriented interpersonal skills and work well in a team environment.
- Heavy Lifting and moving is involved with this position, weight range of 70 – 100 lbs.
- Must have the ability to work in and around patient and staff areas.