Shift: 3rd Shift
Days per Pay: Part-Time; 6 shifts per biweekly pay period
Weekends: Yes- Rotation
Holidays: Yes- Rotation
There is an open position for a Phlebotomist to work Part-Time. The position is 6 shifts per pay period night shift with weekend and holiday rotation on 3rd shift. Candidate must be flexible for scheduling on other shifts as needed. This position reports to the Laboratory Manager.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Certification for drug screen collector required after employment.
• Previous phlebotomy experience and/or phlebotomy certification is preferred.
• Obtain timely, accurate and proper specimens for testing from inpatients and outpatients, of all ages.
• Assure accurate and complete patient information in the LIS.
• Place correct lab orders into the LIS according to the written physician order.
• Provide support functions for the department such as answering the phone, filing, delivering reports, ABN monitoring, standing order monitoring.
• Performs other projects, tasks, or duties as assigned and/or needed.
Skill and Ability:
• Must be able to communicate with and complete safe and effective blood draws for persons of all ages.
• Ability to think critically including interpretation, analysis and evaluation.
• Demonstrates effective problem solving skills in role.
• Ability to work independently and as a team player.
• Ability to exercise good judgment and successfully manage a variety/multi-tasks.
• Excellent computer and keyboarding skills.
• Positive service oriented written and verbal skills.