Position: Nutrition Services Tech (PMT)
Shift: 2nd shift (11:00 AM – 7:30 PM)
Status: Part Time; 6 days per biweekly pay period
Weekends: Yes – Every Other
Holidays: Yes – Every Other
We currently have an opportunity for an energetic patient representative in our Nutrition Services Department. This position serves as the liaison between the patients, Nursing, and Nutrition Services. They are involved in bedside ordering and processing of all EMR orders. This role also requires strong customer service skills and will be accountable for meeting the high expectations that our patients and family members desire. This position reports to the Executive Chef.
• 1-3 years of experience in diet therapy and menu processing in a healthcare setting.
• Processes diet requisitions and helps patients with menu selections at the bedside.
• Supervises the tray assembly line.
• Keeps accurate records of snacks and meal tallies.
• Stocks floor kitchenette and tray assembly line.
• Prepares and delivers patient snacks/nourishments and trays.
• Records temperatures of patient refrigerators on the floors and in the kitchen.
• Keeps DFM and kardex updated with diet changes.
• Transports carts to nursing units.
• Helps in cleaning of dishes, pots and pans.
• Performs a variety of other related duties assigned and/or needed to ensure continuity of care and service.
• Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail.
• Ability to effectively communicate with individuals of all ages.
• Individual is self-motivated with strong organizational skills and a positive attitude.
• Must demonstrate ability to work both independently and as a team player, to exercise good judgment, and to successfully manage a variety/multi tasks.
• Ability to exercise good judgment.
• Must have positive and courteous service oriented interpersonal skills
• Computer and keyboarding skills to meet the demands of the position.
• Ability to follow food safety and sanitation standards.
• Must be able to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds.