Shift: 2nd shift (10:00 AM – 6:30 PM)
Weekends: Yes – Every Other
Holidays: Yes – Every Other
We currently have an opportunity for an energetic culinary specialist in our Nutrition Services department. This position would be performing a variety of different cook positions in the kitchen. While being responsible for food safety and accurate recipe development, this role also requires strong customer service skills and will be accountable for meeting the high expectations that our patients, visitors, and community desire. This position reports to the Director of Nutrition Services.
• 1-2 years in quantity food production preferred, ideally in a healthcare setting.
• Prepares food items for cafeteria, patients and catering functions for all 3 meal times.
• Helps with set up and serving of employees and visitors in the cafeteria during assigned times.
• Preps for the next days’ meals.
• Helps plate up patient meals and deliver to patients, as needed.
• Checks the temperature of foods being served to assure correct temperatures.
• Cleans ovens and assists with cleaning in other areas.
• Prepares and sets up tray line and transports carts to nursing units.
• Helps in cleaning of dishes, pots and pans.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Must be detail oriented and be able to follow recipes accurately.
• Ability to effectively communicate.
• Individual is self-motivated with strong organizational skills, a positive attitude, and functions as a team player.
• Must demonstrate ability to work both independently and as a team player, to exercise good judgment, and to successfully manage a variety/multi tasks.
• Must have positive service oriented interpersonal skills and work well in a team environment.
• Must be able to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds.