Position: Medical Office Assistant/Receptionist
Shift: Primarily M-F day shift with some evening hours
Status: Full Time; 10 days per biweekly pay period
We currently have an opportunity for a full-time Medical Office Assistant at our MHMG Physician Office located at Southland in New Bremen. This position reports to the Practice Manager.
• Associates Degree in Medical Office Assistant preferred.
• CPR/BCLS within 90 days of hire
• 3 to 5 years previous experience working in a physician practice setting preferred.
• Past experience with an electronic charting system a plus.
• Demonstrates excellent telephone etiquette along with an ability to work with the public.
• Performs general clerical, reception, registration, and clinical backup functions for the department.
• Demonstrates accurate and efficient use of the registration, billing, and word processing systems.
• Serves as a liaison between clients and Office Physician.
• Facilitates FMLA, precertification, or other patient related paperwork as directed.
• Collaborates and establishes a good working rapport with Office Physician and all internal/external customers in order to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency.
• Maintains patient records, log books, and appointment schedule.
• Required to become skilled in the EPIC Electronic Health Record System.
• Demonstrates/uses effective problem solving skills.
• Ability to work both independently and as a team player, to exercise good judgment, and to successfully manage a variety/multi tasks.
• Excellent computer skills and an ability to grasp new computer programs a must.
• Requires exceptional organizational skills.
• Portrays a professional, courteous, and helpful attitude to customers.
• Positive service oriented interpersonal, written and verbal skills.
• Must demonstrate effective communication with individuals of varying ages.
• Performs other projects, tasks, or duties as assigned and/or as needed.