Position: Full-time Certified Medical Assistant, LPN or RN Mercer Health Medical Group
Shift: Primarily day shift with possibility of some early evening hours
Days per Pay: 80 hours a pay period
We currently have an opportunity for a Full-time Certified Medical Assistant, LPN or RN to work in our Mercer Health Medical Group Family Practice Office located in Celina. This is support staff for our Physicians and Nurse Practitioners. Previous experience working in a Physician Practice setting is preferred. This position reports to the Physician Office Manager.
• 3 to 5 years previous experience in a medical office setting preferred.
• Previous experience working with an EMR system preferred.
• Associates Degree in Medical Office Assistant, LPN or RN required.
• Certification as a Medical Office Assistant, current Ohio RN or LPN License required.
• CPR/BCLS within 90 days of hire.
Skill and Ability:
• Must demonstrate excellent telephone etiquette along with an ability to work with the public.
• Perform general clerical, reception, registration, and clinical backup functions for the department.
• Demonstrate accurate and efficient use of the registration, billing, and word processing systems.
• Requires skills for rooming and accessing patients of varying ages.
• Serve as a liaison between clients and Office Physician.
• Facilitate FMLA, precertification, or other patient related paperwork as directed.
• Must collaborate and establish a good working rapport with Office Physician and all internal/external customers in order to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency.
• Required to become skilled in the EPIC Electronic Health Record System.
• Past experience with a computerized charting system a plus.
• Maintain patient records, log books, and appointment schedule.
• Demonstrates/uses effective problem solving skills.
• Ability to work both independently and as a team player, to exercise good judgment, and to successfully manage a variety/multi tasks.
• Excellent computer skills and an ability to grasp new computer programs a must.
• Requires exceptional organizational skills.
• Portray a professional, courteous, and helpful attitude to customers.
• Positive service oriented interpersonal, written and verbal skills.
• Must demonstrate effective communication with individuals of varying ages.
• Perform other projects, tasks, or duties as assigned and/or as needed.