Position: Lab Technician/Technologist (2 Opportunities)
Shift: Second Shift; 2:15 pm – 10:45 pm
Days per Pay: Full- time; 8 days per biweekly pay period
Weekends: Yes- Rotation
Holidays: Yes- Rotation
There is currently an opening for a full-time, 8 days per pay, second shift Lab technologist/technician position with second shift weekend and holiday rotation. Applicant must be flexible to work other shifts/hours as needed. This position reports to the Laboratory Manager.
• Graduate of an Associates or Bachelors degree in Clinical Laboratory Science or meet CLIA requirements for Testing Personnel for High Complexity testing and successfully pass MLT or MT exam.
• Recent experience as a generalist preferred.
Skill and Ability:
• Individual is self motivated with strong organizational skills, a positive attitude, and functions as a team player.
• Must provide professional clinical laboratory services for patients of all ages.
• Perform accurate and timely diagnostic testing and reporting of results.
• Maintains laboratory equipment and sufficient knowledge base to assure the best possible diagnostic testing for the patients, the ordering physicians, or the health care providers.
• Positive service oriented interpersonal, written and verbal skills.
• Willingness to learn other departmental related functions.
• Phlebotomy skills in all age patients including infants and children.
• Must demonstrate ability to work both independently and as a team player, to exercise good judgment, and to successfully manage a variety/multi tasks.
• Computer and keyboarding skills.
• Ability to use Microsoft office preferred.