Position: Inpatient Tech (2 Opportunities)
Shift: 12 hour shifts; 6:30 am – 7:00 pm
Status: Full- Time; 6 shifts per biweekly pay period
Weekends: Every third weekend
Holidays: Yes- Rotation
We currently have an opportunity for a Full-Time, 12-hour, Day Shift Inpatient Tech to work in our Inpatient Services Department. This position reports to the Director of Inpatient Services.
• STNA, nursing student, or previous CNA preferred
• CPR within 90 days of hire
• Successful completion of telemetry classes within 90 days of hire
• Demonstrates effective communication skills when interacting with providers, co-workers, patients, and families, whether in person, over the phone, or while paging overhead.
• Demonstrates ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to prioritize care in handling various types of patients and situations.
• Demonstrates ability to document within Epic, EHS, and use of a copier and fax machine.
• Ability to demonstrate competency with applicable policies and procedures and clinical skills.
o Obtaining accurate blood pressure, temperature, respiratory readings
o Assisting patients to the bathroom safely
o Ambulating patients
o Performing baths
o Turning patients every 2 hours
o Hourly rounding
• Functions competently as Telemetry Monitor Tech.
• Able to accurately assess and enter charges within Epic.
• Cooperatively works under the direction of the Director, Clinical Nurse Coordinator, or Nurse.
• Adjusts work flow based on census of unit.
• Assists with orientation of new hires.
• Assists with committees, task forces, and special project per direction of management.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Ability to lift and move patients of various weights and sizes, up to 70 lbs.
• Individual is self-motivated with strong organizational skills, a positive attitude, and functions as a team player.