Position: Floor Maintenance/ Evening Courier
Shift: Split 1st/ 2nd 12:00pm-8:30pm
Days/PP: 8 Days per Biweekly Pay Period
Weekends: As Needed (Not to exceed every other)
There is a full-time position available in housekeeping for floor maintenance. Hours are split between day shift and evening shift. Adjustment of work hours will be occasionally necessary when performing the stripping and refinishing of floors or cleaning of carpet to include weekend or late evening hours. Primarily weekday hours with an occasional weekend and late hours if necessary. This position will report to the Support Services Management.
• Applicant must have a valid driver’s license
• 1-2 years’ experience in housekeeping preferred
• 1-2 years’ experience in floor maintenance preferred
• Heavy Lifting and moving is involved with this position, weight of up to 70lbs.
• Ability to work independently and as a team player to accomplish all assigned duties.
• Ability to work in and around patients and staff. This role requires strong customer service skills and will be accountable for meeting the high expectations of our staff, patients, visitors, and community.
• Written and verbal skills to complete assignment sheets read and follow policies and procedures, MSDS, etc.
• Evening courier run to deliver supplies and pick up lab specimens and hazardous waste from physician offices for transport back to the hospital.
• Floor maintenance functions within all areas of Mercer Health including the hospital and off site locations.
• Move and relocate and assemble furniture and equipment as needed.
• Mopping, buffing, and carpet cleaning.
• Operating floor machines.
• Stripping and refinishing of floors.
• Keeping record of areas cleaned.
• Collaborating with hospital staff for minimal disruption of department activities.
• Transport materials to and from off-site clinics/facilities.
• Handling of hazardous waste.
• Cleaning of assigned areas of the hospital as needed.
• Job duties may vary slightly, depending on facility needs.
• All other duties as assigned.