Position: Casual RN for Disease Management
Shift: Casual; As Needed
Days per pay: Casual; As Needed
This position reports to the DMC RN Supervisor.
• Current RN licensure in Ohio required
• Candidates must have current Ohio driver’s license and current car insurance.
• Previous Outpatient experience preferred.
• Previous wound care experience preferred.
• Minimum of two years of wound care experience strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of wounds, podiatry, and infectious diseases preferred.
• BLS certification required.
• Must communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Regularly can lift and / or move up to 70 pounds.
• Proficient in computer skills and prior experience with electronic medical health record preferred.
• Ability to perform nursing functions, wound assessments and wound care treatments as ordered per
• Performs nursing functions in scheduled outpatient clinics for wound care, podiatry, vascular and infectious diseases required.
• Willingness to work with a variety of providers for the management of wounds, infectious disease
and podiatry required.
• Must have a flexible schedule to work to accommodate provider schedule and patient needs.
• Knowledge of wound care billing and compliance regulations.
• Coordinate clinical communication to providers, pharmacies, payers, outside agencies, and other members of the health care team.
• Provides direct outpatient care in a hospital-based wound care department to a variety of patients of all age groups.
• Critical thinking, decisive judgement, and ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment required.
• Communicates with other, primary care providers and all wound clinic staff in regards to the patient plan of care and optimal wound healing outcome.
• Ability to implement and revise plan of care as indicated by the patient’s response to their treatment.
• Knowledge of medications based on age of patient and their clinical condition.
• Maintains current certifications through continuing education.
• Responsible for nursing documentation related to patient care and treatment.