Position: Childbirth Center RN
Shift: Casual, As Needed
Status: Casual, As Needed
This position reports to the Manager of the Childbirth Center.
- Graduate of accredited School of Nursing/ College of Nursing
- Current Ohio RN licensure
- CPR/BLS certification required within 90 days of hire
- NRP certification, required within 6 months of hire
- ACLS certification, required within 6 months of hire
- Acute care experience preferred
- Labor/delivery, ante-partum, post-partum, nursery, and OB/GYN experience preferred
- Experience with EPIC a plus
- Experience with central fetal monitoring a plus
- Responsible for delivery of patient care through the use of the nursing process, assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Primary focus is care of OB/GYN and Newborn patients.
- Demonstrates excellence in multisystem assessments, clinical performance, and critical thinking.
- Works closely with patients, often one-on-one with teaching, labor support and perinatal loss.
- Knowledge to assist with invasive procedures.
- Use of monitoring equipment and the analyzation and interpretation of data.
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills with the ability to implement NRP/ACLS protocols and functions independently in critical and emergency situations.
- Assists with committees, task forces, special projects, and monitors per direction of management.
- Individual is self-motivated with strong organizational skills, a positive attitude, and functions as a team player.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to prioritize care in handling various patient loads.
- Computer and keyboarding skills.
- Effective communication skills in dealing with physicians, co-workers, patients, and families.
- Ability to think critically in the care of obstetrical, neonatal, and GYN patients including interpretation, analysis, and evaluation.
- Occasionally, lifts and carries weights up to 50 pounds.