Position: Central Sterile Processing Tech
Shift: Availability to work 1st or 2nd shift
There is currently an opening for a Central Sterile Processing Tech, casual to help cover vacation, time off, and additional help for busy days. This position reports to the Director of Surgical Services.
• High school graduate or equivalent
• Registered Central Services Technician certification preferred
o Certification required within 1 year of service
• Previous experience in a healthcare setting preferred, but not required.
Skill and Ability:
• Must have the ability to work independently and as a team player, to exercise good judgment and successfully manage a variety/multi tasks
• Detail oriented with high level of cleanliness
• Maintain organized inventory of instrumentation
• Demonstrates effective problem solving skills in role
• Positive service oriented interpersonal, written and verbal skills.
• Must demonstrate effective communication with all staff.
• Ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds
• Ability to think critically including interpretation, analysis, and evaluation.
• Demonstrates effective problem solving skills in role.
• Requires computer & keyboarding skills to meet demands of position.
• Requires strong organizational skills. Positive service oriented interpersonal, written and verbal skills.
• Appropriately identifies and inspects instruments.
• Accurately loads carriages with packs, instruments, and trays.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the sterilization cycle.
• Accurately mixes cleaning detergent and disinfectants.
• Follows appropriate infection control practices regarding attire, conduct, etc.
• Must clean all sterilizers, to include- chambers, drain lines and strainers, loading cars, and carriages on a weekly basis.
• Cleans, disinfects, sterilizes, and assembles equipment, supplies, and instruments. Is accurate in the use of event related dating and lot numbers.
• Appropriately uses and interprets biological monitoring.
• Processes VPRO biological indicators, to include culturing and interpretation.
• Cleans the Surgical department with high level of cleanliness if needed
• Participates in performance improvement activities.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Follows Manufacturer’s instructions for reprocessing
• Follows AAMI standards
• Responsible for the distribution of instruments to the nursing areas.